Posted on Mar 2, 2022
Welcome to the 2nd Quarter edition of the Sonoran Sea Resort HOA newsletter.
Our Sonoran Sea Resort HOA newsletter is issued on a quarterly basis. We encourage you to connect with other owners via the Facebook group – note this group is an owners group, not monitored or run by the HOA (https://www.facebook.com/groups/SonoranSeaHomeOwners) and sign up for the HOA updates via Vivook in order to get real time updates on our resort in the interim.
If you haven’t yet, please sign up for the owners section on the SonoranSeaResort.org website. Minutes, documents, newsletters and other information are available on the site. You can register for the site at this link: https://www.sonoransearesort.org/owners/register.
If you’d like to suggest content (or better yet volunteer) for the Newsletter, please send an email to email@example.com.
HOA AC Meetings: 3rd Tues Each Month
HOA SC Meetings: 2nd Tues Qtly (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec)
Next GOM (General Owners Meeting):
Sat. Nov 5, 2022
Deep Dive Meetings, Fri. Nov 4th.
AC News – President: Jerry McKinney
Spring has arrived and not a moment too late. Many of us thoroughly enjoyed the quiet months over the winter, and now look forward to the warming weather in Puerto Penasco. With the warmer weather come increasing numbers of Owners and Guests to our resort.
Please read on for the latest updates at the Sonoran Sea. If you have any newsletter suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AC – President
SC News – Chairman: Paul Sala
The SC continues to meet quarterly to fulfill its oversight functions. In addition to the oversight functions, the SC is charged with the approval or denial of homeowners’ remodeling requests. In light of the substantial increase in homeowner improvements at the Sonoran Sea, all owners are reminded that they must seek approval from the SC for an remodeling projects. All submission forms can be obtained from the HOA office. Absent the need for additional information, the SC will consider and make decisions on remodeling requests within 20 days of an owner’s submission.
SC – Chairman
Head of Maintenance: Rodrigo Ruiz
Balcony Railings Painting
CFE Meter Painting
Concentration Door Painting
Condo Number Painting
Gravel in Gardens
Pet Area Refresh (West Side)
New Chimneys for Filter Room
Light Fixtures Painting
Security Shack Painting
Walkway Repair to Pool (East Side)
Walkway Repair to Pool (West Side)
Security Shack Painting
Lockers for Housekeeping/Casago to share space.
Lockers for Housekeeping/Casago to share space.
Projects planned for Q2 2022
- Water Pumps – New automation and smart pumps to improve water pressure consistency. Sheduled for April install.
- Lockers & new carts for Housekeeping. In Process.
- Waterproof roofs on all buildings. Scheduled for March.
- Gym Weights. Currently out of stock. Will purchase as soon as they are available.
April 2022 General Owners Meeting (GOM)
Scheduled for April 30, 2022
More info will be provided to homeowners at the end of March.
- Deep Dive meetings will be held Friday, April 29th at Ramon’s.
- Saturday’s Official meeting will be held at Ramon’s.
Expected Voting Items for the Meeting:
- 5 SC Positions will be open.
- East Building Rep
- 2 General Rep Positions
- West Building Alt
- 2 AC Positions will be open (President & Treasurer)
Updates on items from the November GOM:
- Investigate electric car charging stations: Keith Allen
- Investigate options for balcony railings: Keith Allen, Brian Kelley, Donna Fanning and Richard Mason
- Investigate solutions for the penthouse roof tile replacement project: Brian Kelley
COVID 19 Update
Covid 19 Impact at the Sea
We have had 13 employees test positive for COVID in January & February. Below is the process we are going through to keep our resort safe:
- All employees temperatures are being checked daily.
- Any employee whose temperature is high or has any symptoms of COVID 19 is tested.
- If tested positive – that employee is quarantined for 14 days, and the HOA notifies anyone that employee has been in contact with.
- After the 14 day quarantine, the employee is re-tested. If they are cleared by the doctor, they can return to work.
- We currently have 37 employees.
- 33 Employees have received both shots of the COVID Vaccine and are fully vaccinated.
- 4 Employees are not vaccinated.
- The Mexican government is currently applying the booster shot to all adults and teenagers.
This is a new section of the Newsletter where Kristian Osuna, our HOA Manager, will be providing info he wants to share with owners.
In an effort to improve on one of our key objectives (Professionally serviced) the HOA office is working on implementing online payment options via Credit Card or Debit Cards through Vivook. This should speed up payments and it will also help us drive more people to use Vivook.
We don’t have a ETA for when this will be set up we are hoping by July if everything works out well with Vivook and the Card processing company.
The HOA requires you to provide the following items which are kept on file in the HOA office:
Current Board / HOA Contacts & Terms
Board members highlighted in red are those that have open positions to be voted on at the April meeting.
Note on the AC, Jerry has decided to resign early (see President’s message above), and Andrea is resigning early for personal reasons.
|Paul Sala||Chairman SC||05/21 - email@example.com|
|Lori Smith||East Building Rep||05/21 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Howard Tolshinsky||East Building Alternate||11/21 - email@example.com|
|Bill Woodward||General Rep||05/21 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Matson||General Rep||11/21 - email@example.com|
|Bill O'Brien||West Building Alt.||05/21 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bruce Barclay||General Rep.||05/21 - 05/22||RockyPointBruno@gmail.com|
|Sylvia Koppen||General Rep.||11/21 - email@example.com|
|Keith Allen||West Building Rep.||11/21 - firstname.lastname@example.org|
First Aid Training:
The Civil Protection Department conducted a first aid course at our resort. Both Casago and HOA employees participated in the training.
Our security, maintenance, cleaning, and administrative staff at the Sonoran Sea are critical to our safe, professionally serviced, well maintained, and financially solvent operations. Our people make our resort a wonderful place to be! We will highlight a couple of employees in each newsletter.
Ana Luz Enriquez Ramirez (Housekeeping)
Ana Luz is originally from Gomez Palacio, Durango. Ana Luz likes to walk, read books and watch romantic comedies in the afternoons, she also likes to cook and spend time with her grandsons and family.
Guadalupe Florez Martinez (Housekeeping)
Guadalupe is originally from Orizaba, Veracruz. In her spare time, she does all type of sports, but her preferred one is playing football soccer. Guadalupe likes to cook desserts for her family and she is very happy to be working for the housekeeping department. She is the newest addition to the team!
Director of Security: Rey David Castro
- 12/20/21 05:20 PM Owner of the 702w condominium is impacted with a lantern base in front of a minimarket, with his canam vehicle not causing property damage only damage to his vehicle.
- 12/21/21 01:45 PM The guest of the 101e condominium is surprised jumping near the perimeter of the tennis court, the attention was called, stating that if he commits the offense again, he will be evicted from the resort.
- 12/24/21 03:45 PM The guest of the condominium 1003e is called to attention, with the support of the receptionist from Casago (Joan), due to a violent attitude, since the security element Edgar called his attention for hitting the elevator buttons on the first level of the building (no damages were caused to the elevator buttons).
- 12/29/21 02:58 PM The owner of the 411w condo is called to attention for having Christmas lights on the balcony railing, he removed them as soon as possible.
- 12/29/21 08:45 AM owners of condominium 310w hit the base of the wall in the lobby area with his green Toyota vehicle, license plates 2a04930, it did not cause any property damage, only the front defense of his vehicle, this was because he was blinded by the sun.
- 12/29/21 08:58 PM The security element Edgar, found a 4-year-old boy alone walking in the parking lot of the east building, when he approached him, he told him that his parents were in condominium 907e he accompanies the boy to the condominium where he handed him over to his parents.
- 12/29/21 11:35 AM owner of the condominium 1005west, caused damage to the roof tile in the security booth with a black trailer, 68704h Arizona license plate, re-collated with a pickup vehicle, green Ram, Arizona license plate 070809, the damage was repaired by maintenance personnel (Marin).
- 01/01/22 07:40 AM upon arrival at the security gate, it was detected that the renters of the 308 west were bringing a pet in their vehicle, they were informed that pets are not allowed in the resort only for owners, informing the owner Howard, and proceeding to send the pet to a pet store in Penasco.
- 01/02/22 00:30 AM The security element Esteban detected a water leak in the gardener in front of the lobby, realizing that it was a garden key, closing the stopcock, to avoid causing damages.
- 01/08/22 11:20 AM Staff from an external vendor enters to deliver furniture to the owner of condominium 402E, who wanted to use the elevator to upload the furniture, and the security element Emilio went to let them know that the elevator can only be used from Tuesday to Thursday, with prior authorization from the HOA to where they have to send an email with the respective format, they agree to carry the furniture up the stairs.
- 01/12/22 05:25 PM A phone call is received at the security booth from the maintenance manager reporting that the alarm in the pool pump room had been activated, immediately the security element Antonio and the maintenance element Angel attend to the pool pump room, realizing it was a water leak in one of the main pool pumps, and they fixed the leak immediately.
- 01/13/22 04:28 PM When checking the entrance to the security booth, renter of condominium 502E, caused damage to the roof of the booth (tile), with a black trailer, Arizona license plates 4MT1218, which was towed by a black Chevrolet pickup, Arizona license plates CJ19175. Administrator Kristian, who ordered that they be charged 100 dlls. for the damages caused which were immediately covered by the person responsible and deposited in the HOA office.
- 01/18/22 11:35 AM West elevator shows damage (scratch) inside, cameras are checked and those responsible are found, being these external workers (master glass) who were presented to the HOA to respond for the damage.
- 01/21/22 05:33 PM. Upon entering the resort, the owner of condominium 301W (Keith Allen) damaged the entrance gate on the right side with his pickup. Security personnel were asked to locate the owner since after the hit he left for the west parking lot. A couple of minutes later Mr. Keith came in and said he would take responsibility for the damage. Asking to be made aware of the total cost of the damages to pay.
- 01/24/22 12:05 PM During the general tour, security agent Antonio D. reports a water leak in the filter room. Maintenance personnel were immediately notified and arrived at the scene.
- 02/01/22 10:16 PM Attention is called to the son of the owner of condominium 501E for scandalizing in the terrace area.
- 02/02/22 01:34 PM A phone call was made to the elevators company since the elevator 02 of the west building was stuck on the first level and the doors did not close. 3:40 p.m., A phone call is made to the company that said that elevator 02 of the west building was once again out of service, being registered with folio 520202w1.
- 02/03/22 01:04 PM External cleaning female reports that she got stuck in elevator 02 of the west building giving her immediate support to get this out between floors 8 and 9 a call was made to elevators that was recorded with folio 50302w2
- 02/03/22 02:52 PM A phone call was made to that elevator, since elevator 02 of the west building was stuck on the 6th floor, the doors did not open
- 02/04/22 10:00 AM Begins the training course for security elements, maintenance personnel, cleaning personnel as well casa go staff or reception area personnel, said course included the topics of first aid, firefighting as well as evacuation in risk, ending at 15:00 hrs.
- 02/05/22 10:47 AM A phone call was made to elevators since elevator 02 of the west building got stuck on level 5, the doors open and close and it does not move from level to level, it was registered with folio 520502w2.
- 02/08/22 08:15 PM The owner of condominium 201w found a wallet and cell phone on the lid of the garbage can in the elevator area of the West Medication, when checking the wallet, she realized that it belongs to Mr. Martin Almanza, owner of condominium 208w, we proceeded to locate the owner of the objects, which were returned by Mrs. Sara a. To the owner.
- 02/11/22 11:00 PM Guest of condominium 106 and couple reported having sex in adult jacuzzi, immediately preceding security elements Miguel Moreno and Edgar Fausto, approaching those reported claiming to be guests of condominium 111 w, proceeding to Immediately evict them from the resort for lack of morale on the premises.
The local CEDO field station includes an environmental house with a Visitor Center, gift shop, botanical garden and various exhibits that are open to the general public. Check out their website for more information and to discover the work of the CEDO team.
Sonoyta Police Department Issues Statement Regarding Speed Violations
With the purpose of establishing proximity with the community, as well as to serve and orient national and foreign tourists that travel through the locality, the local Police Department of the XI Government of General Plutarco Elías Calles (Sonoyta), Sonora, issues a notice which will enter into force on March 1st of the present year, in which tolerance policies will be established to the Transit Law of the State of Sonora, under the following standards:
- In the case of a first infraction, the offender will be entitled to a verbal attention call, and in case of a second offense, the corresponding traffic fine will be drawn up.
- Starting from the Welcome signs (entrance and/or exit of the town), a margin of tolerance of circulation will be granted for up to 65km/h (40mph); once within town, the 40km/h (25mph) limit established by Law, must continue to be respected.
- Those exceeding the margin of tolerance limit, will be liable to a fine of $2,000.00 Mexican pesos or $110.00 dollars.
- All fines must be paid in the correspondent payment module at the Local Police Station.
The foregoing is a first step in the search for a new road culture for the community and its visitors, as well as to undertake actions aimed at making tourism feel safe in its passage through the Municipality.
This document is the result of a team effort between the Local Police Department, headed by Captain Oniver Muñoz Trujillo and organizations of Sonoyta and Puerto Peñasco interested in promoting tourism and economic development in the region.